This is very short post that covers how to enable logAppend for your MongoDB replica set as part of the MongoDB Hardening series.
To enable logAppend:
- Open the Y:\mongodb\mongod.cfg file
- Add ‘logAppend: true’ after the ‘path’
- Restart the MongoDB service
net stop MongoDB
- Repeat the steps for Secondary & Arbiter servers.
To enable authentication options, please see below links.
- How to create and configure authentication to a MongoDB standalone replica set
- How to enable internal authentication for your replica set and disable bypass authentication via localhost exception
- Sitecore Configuration Encryption/Hardening (Connectionstring.config)