When you’re working on large project with medium-large configuration sizes, you may encounter some issue with regards to the maximum file size.
By default, the configuration max size is at 500kb. So, In order this to change you have to:
- Open the Registry Editor (regedit)
- Once opened, Edit the \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\InetStp\Configuration\MaxWebConfigFileSizeInKB
- (Optional) If the configuration folder or the MaxWebConfigFileSizeInKB is missing. Create it.
- Right click and a new in the InetStp folder, add key and named it “Configuration”
- In the right pane, right click and add DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Named it MaxWebConfigFileSizeInKB
- Change the base, from Hexadecimal to Decimal, then enter the size in kb
- Restart the IIS
When working with Sitecore commerce, you have to mandatory change this in v.8.0, but not in v.8.1 as it was already integrated there.